A hybrid solar system is a system that has a battery back-up to be used for when there is a power failure, or throughout the night time hours when the sun is no longer generating power for you. During the day while the sun is shining your solar panels will charge your batteries and feed your house with electricity, bypassing the grid (Eskom).
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- Generates up to 21kW per day
- 4+ Hours of battery back up
- 5 Year warranty on the inverter
- Lithium-ion batteries
Our 5kW Goodwe Hybrid Solar System consists of the following components:
- 1 x Goodwe 5kW Inverter
- 20 x 270 watt Canadian Solar Panels
- 1 x PV Mounting System for a Tiled Roof
- 4 x 2.4kW Pylontech Lithium-ion Batteries (total 9.6kW of battery storage)
- 2 x Battery Cabinets
- 2 x Cable Packs (15 metres)
Approximate Times And Appliance Usage For Battery Back-Up
|Approximate Back-Up Time||13.7 Hours||12.2 Hours||9.7 Hours|
|Fridge A+ (180W)||2||360||360||360|
|LED Lights (5W)||20||100||100||100|
|Wireless Router (10W)||1||10||10||10|
|Cell Charger (5W)||2||10||10||10|
|LED TV (100W)||2||200||200||200|
EXCLUSIONS AND TERMS
- This system is priced for the installation on a tiled roof. Different roof types such as IBR or a flat roof may affect the price as all mounting systems differ in cost and are roof specific.
- The pricing is for installation in the Pretoria area and surrounds. This does not take into account long distance travel costs.
- The pricing allows for cabling up to 15 metres from the inverter.
- The inverter is to be installed within 2 metres of the main DB board.
- The price excludes all electrical work on the main DB board to get ready for the inverter. This cost is for the clients account.
- This system is only available for single phase houses.
- We cannot guarantee this price until we have inspected the site to ascertain all aspects of the install.